All UBD students are invited to attend this year’s THiNKBIG Technology Forum on 28th October 2010 at the Empire Hotel & Country Club. The theme “Innovation….business in the age of connectivity” will focus on how leading technology trends enable business transformation and efficiency, and impact on society, the economy and the government. In addition, the session on eGovernment will focus on the eCitizen centric services and how this can help organizations gain operational effectiveness, competitive advantage and to enlarge market shares in Brunei and overseas markets.
To date, confirmed foreign and local key speakers are as follows:
- Rebecca Fannin, Author, Silicon Dragon
- Ken Wye Saw, Vice-President, Microsoft Asia Pacific
- Kevin Walsh, Chief Technology Officer, Oracle Asia Research and Development Centres
- Khoong Hock Yun, Assistant Chief Executive, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore
- Dr Grahaeme Henderson, Managing Director, Brunei Shell Petroleum
- Dato Paduka Dr Hj Omar Khalid, Vice Chancellor, Institute Technology Brunei
- Awg Hj Azhar Haji Ahmad, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Prime Minister’s Office and Government CIO
The Forum is co-organized by the iCentre and Asia Inc Forum and partnered by Brunei Shell Petroleum, Microsoft and DST Group. The Forum will bring together leading ICT experts and practitioners from around the region and Brunei’s leading IT players.
At the student rate at B$120 per person, the Forum will be able to provide students with a good learning experience by listening to the distinguished foreign and local figures in the IT industry. It would also be an excellent opportunity to meet and exchange views with fellow students from other institutions.
For your own reference, please click on the link below to download the latest program.
Interested students may download the application form and completed forms may be submitted to the counter of the Students Affairs Section or to Room 1.90, Students Affairs Building, UBD.