The Brunei Info-Communication Technology Awards (BICTA) is an annual event organized by Ministry of Communications to stimulate innovation and creativity in ICT industry amongst individual, students and associations including SME’s. It was first introduced in 2004.
It aims to be the benchmark for local company to compete amongst each other and to represent Brunei Darussalam in Asia Pacific Info-Communication Technology (ICT) Award (APICTA).
The objectives of BICTA are:
1. To simulate innovation and creativity in ICT industry amongst
individual and organisations particularly to SME’s
2. To provide benchmarks for the development of the local ICT products and solutions
3. To nominate local participants in the Asia Pacific ICT Awards
4. To create business ties and strategic partnership
5. To give motivation and generate interest amongst the younger generations in ICT
For more information about the event, visit their website at